Sarah Howard Photography
Terms and Conditions
Terms of Website Use
Use of our site includes accessing or browsing.
Intellectual Property Rights; Authorised & Unauthorised Use of Images & Content.
All images and text contained on this website remain the property of Sarah Howard Photography and is protected by United Kingdom and international copyright laws. Content may not be downloaded, reproduced, copied, projected, or used in any way without express written permission. The only exception to this applies to registered commercial clients who may download watermarked review-res images from the Stock library solely for comping purposes.
Various tracking systems may be in place at any time to identify unauthorised use. Unauthorised users agree that they will be liable for a standard £150 + VAT minimum administration charge per image plus reproduction fees at the sole discretion of Sarah Howard Photography.
Website Orders & Payments
When you place a order on our website, we will e-mail you to acknowledge receipt of your order and payment.
All payments on this website are processed automatically via Paypal. Paypal offers an industry standard secure on-line payments system. You can use any credit or debit card to pay via Paypal and can even make payments if you do not have an account. UK cheques and bank transfers can also be accepted as a method of payment. Please contact me if you would like to pay using either of these systems.
All print orders are fullfilled by Fine Art America and despatched directly from them. If you have any queries relating to shipping or packaging please refer to the Fine Art america website.
Workshop Terms & Conditions of booking
1. A non-refundable deposit of the amount stated is required at the time of booking and must be paid either by credit or debit card, online banking or cheque. You will receive confirmation of your payment by email.
2. If you are booking within 4 weeks of the start date, please make payment in full. For overseas workshops, payment is due in full 6 weeks before the workshop start date.
3. The balance of the cost of the workshop will be due 4 weeks before the workshop starts for all UK workshops and 6 weeks for overseas workshops. If full payment is not received by the specified date, Sarah Howard Photography/Image Seen reserves the right to treat the booking as cancelled and retain the deposit.
Cancellation of booking
4. If you cancel your booking less than 4 weeks before the beginning of a workshop (or 6 weeks for an overseas workshop) you are liable for the full cost of the workshop. For bookings cancelled prior to this period, you will be offered a place on another workshop or a refund of any monies paid, in the event that Image Seen can resell the place (minus any payment gateway fees incurred). If you wish to cancel your workshop please do so in writing or by email. The date the letter/email is received will be used to determine whether a refund will be made.
Changes to workshops and workshop cancellation
5. Group workshops will only operate with a minimum of five photographers unless stated otherwise by Sarah Howard. In the event of your workshop being cancelled by Sarah Howard due to there being less than five participants you will be offered a place on an alternative workshop, a credit to your account of the amount you have paid which you can then use on a future workshop, or a full refund (minus any payment gateway fees incurred). If the alternative workshop you book is cheaper, we will refund the difference, and if it is more expensive, you will be required to pay the balance. We may give no less than 14 days notice.
6. Sarah Howard Photography/Image Seen reserves the right to alter or cancel any workshop due to underbooking or force majeure (defined as unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, such as war or the threat of war, riots, terrorist activity, civil strife, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, flood or adverse weather conditions. In the event of any cancellation by ourselves we will offer you a place on an alternative workshop, a credit to your account of the amount you have paid which you can then use on a future workshop, or a full refund (minus any payment gateway fees incurred). If the alternative workshop you book is cheaper, we will refund the difference, and if it is more expensive, you will be required to pay the balance. Sarah Howard Photography/Image Seen will not provide refunds for any accommodation booked by a client in the event of a workshop cancellation or refund the cost of any travel arrangements (e.g. flights, trains, taxis) made by the client. For this, please contact your insurance company
7. We will supply you with more details of the workshop itinerary before the workshop but please note that the itinerary is an outline only, and may be changed due to weather conditions, etc. The workshops we run require flexibility and must allow for alternatives.
8. In the event of the specified tutor(s) being unable to attend due to illness or other circumstances beyond our control, (a)nother leader(s) will be provided. If this is not possible, then the workshop will be cancelled and the provisions of clause 6 will come into effect. We reserve the right to change the tutor(s) stated in the workshop description.
9. If you have any special dietary, or other, requests, you should inform us at the time of booking. We will advise the relevant supplier of your requirements, but cannot guarantee that such requests will be met and have no liability to you if such requests are no met.
10. It is a fundamental booking condition that you accept the hazards involved. Customers should have adequate insurance in place for the duration of the course and the activities undertaken. The insurance should cover for cancellation and curtailment, medical and emergency expenses, personal accident, injury and death. In addition you should be insured against loss of or damage to baggage and personal possessions including all your camera equipment. All applicants participate at their own risk and Sarah Howard Photography/Image Seen accepts no responsibility for injury or damage done to their persons or property.
11. Sarah Howard Photography/Image Seen does not accept liability for any loss or additional expense caused by delay or interruption to travel services through weather conditions, civil disturbance, industrial action, strikes, wars, floods or sickness. Such losses or additional expenses are the responsibility of the client.
12. Sarah Howard Photography does not accept responsibility for any loss of valuables, including camera equipment, during a course or workshop.
Sarah Howard Photography/Image Seen reserves the right to assess whether you; the Client, or any individuals in your particular party, can be safely accommodated on a workshop. Sarah Howard Photography/Image Seen has absolute discretion to refuse that Client’s attendance or any member of that Client’s party on the workshop.
13. Please note that suitably qualified medical personnel do not accompany the Sarah Howard Photography/Image Seen tours. Neither Sarah Howard Photography/Image Seen nor any of its employees are equipped or trained to deal with a medical emergency or to provide care and assistance in the event of an emergency. If you have any medical condition which may need emergency treatment then you must disclose this at the time of booking to enable Sarah Howard Photography/Image Seen to make an assessment as to whether you can be safely accommodated on the workshop.
14.It is the responsibility of the Client to inform us on, or before booking, whether it is necessary to make any special arrangements as regards care or assistance with regard to the Client or any individuals in the Client’s party.
15. Sarah Howard Photography/Image Seen reserves the right to require any Client to produce medical evidence of their fitness to travel.
16. Sarah Howard Photography/Image Seen shall not be responsible to the Client for any loss or damage arising from the negligent act or omission of any third party supplier or service provider or their employees or agents.
17. Sarah Howard Photography/Image Seen will not be held responsible for the performance or non-performance of any third party supplier or service provider. In the event that a third party supplier or service provider does not meet the expectations of the Client, Sarah Howard Photography/Image Seen cannot be held responsible for any inadequate or unsatisfactory service supplied by a third party.
18. Sarah Howard Photography/Image Seen accepts responsibility for acts and /or omissions of its employees (whilst acting in the course of their employment). The Company does not accept responsibility or liability for death, bodily injury or illness caused to the client or any other person included on the booking form, unless arising from the negligent act and/or omission of the Company’s employees (whilst acting in the course of their employment). Any claims shall be subject to English law in respect of any question of liability or quantum, and all proceedings shall be within the exclusive domain of the English courts.
19: We are unable to accept bookings from persons under 18 years old, unless accompanied by a fully paying adult
20.The client must communicate any perceived failure in the performance of this contract on the spot to the workshop leader thus giving the leader the opportunity to achieve a satisfactory solution. Should this not be possible, you should make your complaint known to us in writing within 28 days of the completion of the workshop.
21. By completing this online booking, you are agreeing to accept these Terms and Conditions. The person signing the form does so on behalf of all the other individuals included on it, so that all are bound by the booking conditions.